Acceptance and Confirmation of your booking is subject to the following terms and conditions:
1. Booking Deposit: In the case pf bookings of less than one month’s duration, a non-refundable booking deposit of EUR150.00 per property per week, or per weekend rental is required. A handling fee of EUR12.00 per booking also applies.This handling fee is inclusive of the price quoted for on-line bookings and is an additional charge for all other bookings.Payment of the booking deposit and handling fee is required within 5 workings days of booking. No invoice or letter of confirmation can be dispatched to you until all deposits have been received.
2. Balance of Payment: Full payment must be made to us, no later than six weeks prior to the rental commencement date. Upon receipt of the balance due, clients will receive arrival instructions. Late payments may result in the booking being cancelled without advance client notification.
3. Cancellation by Customer: In the event that you wish to cancel your reservation, the following charges will apply:
On all reservations: Booking deposit is withheld
6-2 weeks before date of arrival – 50% of rental.
Less than 2 weeks before arrival date – 100%.
Insurance: We Strongly advise that clients take out Travel Insurance to cover any costs associated with having to cancel your booking. The property owners are not responsible for loss of personal belongings or valuables of guests. The homeowners are not responsible for any accident, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or it’s facilitlies.
4. Utility Charges: Heat and electricity are extra charges and are normally based on set daily rates depending upon the time of year. These are normally payable together with your balance payment.
5. Security Deposit: A refundable security deposit of EUR150.00 must be paid on arrival. We reserve the right to charge an increased security deposit at certain times of the year or certain types of bookings which will be notified to you prior to arrival. The deposit will be refunded within 7 days of departure once the supervisor is satisfied that the terms and conditions of rental have been compiled with. Failure to leave the accommodation in a clean and tidy condition may result in the loss of all or part of the security deposit. When a rental is for longer than one week, cleaning of the house during rental must be requested from the on-site manager and a fee may apply.
For Group Bookings ( 2 houses or more) – a EUR150.00 refundable security deposit per house booked has to be paid prior to arrival to our central reservation office in Dublin. This will be refunded within 5 days of departure by our central reservation office once the local Supervisor has confirmed to us that the houses booked were left in an acceptable condition.
6. Arrival and Departure Times: Specific arrival and departure times are outlined on the direction sheet. These times must be strictly adhered to.
7. Right To Decline: Dublin Shortlets reserves the right to refuse, alter or cancel a booking, even after receipt of final payment. In addition, the company is relived of all liability should reserved accommodation not be available due to circumstances beyond our control. In such an instance, alternative arrangements will be made in similar accommodation, or a full refund will be offered. However, no refund or liability will apply to a situation where a client is requested to vacate, or leaves of their own accord, prior to the expiration of the booking .
8. Behaviour: Dublin Shortlets reserves the right to terminate this contract if the behaviour or conduct of the consumer either prior to or during a rental is likely to endanger the safety or well being of other consumers in the party or that of the consumer himself.
9. Accommodation Capacity: For Insurance reasons, the total number of clients staying in each property must not exceed the maximum capacity.
10. Pets: Pets are only allowed in properties that specifically state on-line that pets are accepted. There are is an additional cleaning charge of EUR150.00 for pets at these properties. It is essential that you state on booking that you intend to bring your pet.
11. Liability: Dublin Shortlets, its employees or agents shall not be liable for any damages, loss, or personal injury which may be sustained by persons or property at any time during the reserved stay.
12. Complaints: In the unlikely event of a compliant, it should be brought to our attention immediately. Failing a satisfactory solution, you should contact Dublin Shortlets and a written compliant should be logged within 14 days of departure.
13. Default by the customer: The consumer is obliged to ensure that all documentation and details issued to you by Dublin Shortlets are correct. In an unlikely event that you do not agree with the documentation, it must be brought to our attention immediately.
14. Bed Linen and Towels: Bed linen and a supply of towels are supplied free of charge in all of our properties.
15. Special Requests: Requests for specific houses, cots, highchairs, camp beds, etc. must be made at time of reservation and whilst we will endeavor to meet all special requests, they cannot be guaranteed.
16. Disabled Persons: It shall be the consumer’s responsibility to disclose, prior to booking, to Dublin Shortlets any physical or mental condition of a member of his party which may be relevant. Dublin Shortlets reserves the right to decline or provide a property for a disabled person where in our mind, the property would be inconsistent with the special needs of a disabled person.
17. Late Arrivals: Failure to notify your greeter or Dublin Short Lets of a late arrival may result in your reservation being cancelled
18. Dublin Shortlets does not accept bookings from groups of parties under the age of 25, unless otherwise agreed in writing. We reserve the right to refuse to check-in such groups and will not refund any monies paid in advance in the event of non-disclosure of the age of the occupants
19. All bookings subject to availability and written / email confirmation.
20. On-line Bookings: We do not currently take confirmed bookings on-line. You can make a reservation request but this is not a confirmed booking until you receive a Booking Confirmation by either e-mail or post.
Should you have any queries concerning the above Terms & Conditions, please do not hesitate to contact us by e-mail or telephone: +353-(0)1-660-2720